Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Once More Unto the Breach

I have decided that 2010 will not pass without my having written a novel. It's been a while since I wrote a novel length manuscript, and I've decided this is the year it gets done. I've done quite a bit of writing this year, including a serial story for a friend's website, now approaching 40 thousand words, or about a third of a book, so I'm getting used to the long form again.
I've also been studying book structure a bit more than usual the last month. And ultimately I've gotten a lot better at finishing what I start lately, so this looks like the time. So bad, good, publishable, un-publishable, whatever, I am determined to have a first draft by fall. I have a couple more weeks to finish up the serial and then it's once more unto the breach, dear friends.

1 comment:

Brett Brooks said...

You can do it, Dodgers! Er...Charles. But, seriously, you can do it. You're very prolific. Now if only I can get that same motivation...