Monday, September 27, 2010

The Hits Keep Coming

Wow, I've posted a lot in September. This month has been more like the early days of the blog when I was very prolific. The primary reason for the flurry of activity is the release of a lot of books, I think. I've had a lot to talk about. And it's not over yet. This week should bring the release of a biography/study of Bill Everett, the creator of the Submariner, much in the vein of the Mort Meskin book I reviewed a few posts ago. I also haven't taken the time to talk about the new Art of Neal Adams hardback. I'll try to get to that soon. I was joking with Cliff that the publishers of books about comic books were trying to break me here at the end of the year. In one week alone I got the Simon and Kirby Superheroes, Conan: The Newspaper Strip Volume One, Mighty Samson Archives Volume One, and Sword's Edge, a book of paintings by Sanjulian, inspired by the works of Robert E. Howard. That same week I passed up a new collection of Al Williamson's Secret Agent X-9, mostly because I'm running out of room on my bookshelves again and I need to be a bit more picky. The following week, the Mort Meskin book hit the shelves. Last week it was the Neal Adams book.
The first Doctor Spektor volume will be available this week in Comic Shops (But not at Bookstores until Oct 12) along with the Bill Everett book, so I have at least two hardbacks to buy. I may still be short on novels, but the non-fiction is coming fast and furious. Good thing I've been working all this overtime...

No comments: