Friday, September 24, 2010

Spektor-cular


I'm starting to feel like Stan Lee here, shamelessly shilling all of these new books, but hey, I can't be a shill because I don't work for any of these people. I'm just enjoying all the cool new books that are becoming available and trying to keep everyone in the loop. So anyway, last Halloween I was waxing nostalgic about the Gold Key comic series The Occult Files of Doctor Spektor and how cool the painted covers were and about the great stories from Don Glut and the terrific artwork from Jesse Santos and now, just in time for this Halloween, Dark Horse Comics is publishing the first of three volumes collecting the entirety of Doctor Spektor. Even though I own all the comics I'll be picking these volumes up, because in addition to the full run of the series, the hardcover volumes will also feature every appearance of the good Doctor in any other comic books, no matter how small, plus some never before seen sketches and stuff provided by Don Glut himself. It will be nice to have this series on my bookshelves and I won't have to worry about the original comics anymore. So if you're looking for some great Halloween reading, pick up Volume One of the Doctor Spektor Archives, available October 12. Nuff said.

No comments: