Monday, September 06, 2010

Not Your Father's Sword & Planet


This is the "Cover' for my short story, Slavers of Trakor, appearing in a couple of months in the anthology Strange Worlds from Space Puppet Press. Each of the stories in the anthology gets its own cover. (The compiler/editor Jeff Doten is also the artist.) This is the first time somebody other than me has illustrated a scene from one of my stories and I think Jeff did a great job.
Slavers of Trakor is a modern spin on John Carter, featuring an Earth man on a distant world battling aliens and savage monsters. There's some martial arts stuff as you'd expect from me as well.
The book will be available as a printed book and an ebook, and each of the stories will be available as a separate ebook. Ah, technology. More details as the publication date gets closer. Check out more art here:

http://www.strangeworldsanthology.com/

5 comments:

Kate R said...

very cool! congratulations.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks Kate!

Jeri said...

It's gorgeous! Congratulations, Charles! :)

Laura Kinsale said...

That's a great interpretation of the story! I feel very proprietary about this one.

LK

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks, Jeri!

You should, Laura, since you helped me get it back on track. Yeah, I think Jeff Doten really nailed the scene, with the lighting and the monster and all.