Saturday, October 02, 2010

The 2010 Halloween Fright Flick Festival


As I noted earlier, I seem to have reached a point where I enjoy Halloween more than Christmas. I certainly do more planning for Halloween, lining up sufficient horror books, short stories, and comics to see me through October. I also watch a lot of scary movies. This year I've done a bit better job in having my creepy movies ready, ordering a few from Amazon and picking up others used at Blockbuster and Movie Stop. This year's lineup includes:

The Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001) Reviewed above.

In the Mouth of Madness (1995) The best H.P. Lovecraft movie that isn't really an H.P. Lovecraft movie ever made.

Zombieland (2009) Haven't watched it yet, but several folks recommended it to me.

The Haunting (1963) Probably my favorite scary movie of all time.

Captain Kronos:Vampire Hunter (1974) Had to get a hammer film into the group and I haven't seen this one since the 1970s.

Van Helsing (2004) This fits into the so bad it's good category.

Pitch Black (2000) My favorite SF horror film.

Other posibilities include Hell Boy 1&2 , the 2005 silent Call of Cthulhu, and assorted classic Universal films. It's possible that I'll have a double feature of the original King Kong and Time Machine, because though neither are really horror films, I saw them as a double feature one late night on Friday Night Frights. I'm sure other movies and TV shows will occur to me as I go. Feel free to offer suggestions.

No comments: