Monday, October 25, 2010

Making Space

I spent part of my weekend culling and rearranging books. I needed more space on the shelves, so I decided to relocate a bunch of paperbacks behind the hardbacks on another shelf. It's okay, the shelves are deep and these paperbacks don't need to be displayed. I know where they are when I need them. That freed up an entire four foot high bookshelf, so I decided it would become the shelf for my ever growing collection of Michael Moorcock books. Once I'd moved the Moorcock books, I was able to rearrange the Robert E. Howard books. My plan at some point is to buy a nice bookshelf with glass doors to house books by and relating to REH, H.P. Lovecraft, and Clark Ashton Smith. But for now I've cleared enough shelf space for the upcoming releases of two new books from the Robert E. Howard Foundation and the fifth and final volume of the Nightshade Collected Stories of Clark Ashton Smith.
I also rearranged my horror anthologies and spaced out my other sword & sorcery books. I took a little time to look through my Ballantine Adult Fantasy volumes. Really need to get back to completing that set. Other than that, I managed to stay focused, and didn't wander off, browsing books. Always a danger.
Aside from the aforementioned, yet to be purchased fancy bookshelf, I am determined to keep my shelves to their current number, so I continue to cull and rearrange as the need arises. At some point I need to take a serious look at my paperbacks. I noticed quite a few I could part with as I was moving books. As next year's annual library sale gets closer I'll see about trimming down the numbers.

No comments: