Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Rinzler Strikes Back

Just saw that J.W. Rinzler has a new book out, The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. Rinzler's previous book about the making of Star Wars is hands down the best book I've ever seen about the making of a movie. Incredibly In-Depth and full of all kinds of insider pics and material. (Hey, it's from Lucas Books. He had the inside track.) The new book looks to be more of the same. I'm not what would probably be considered a huge Star Wars fan. I love the original three movies but I don't own any Star Wars stuff or follow all the books, comics, etc that have sprung up. But I really enjoy behind the scenes kinds of books, and as I said, Rinzler's first Star Wars book was amazing. The Empire book is out in hardback for 85 bucks, (It's Gigantic.) but Amazon has it discounted to 50, and that would include free shipping, so I'll probably order a copy. The price is a little steep to ask for it for Christmas.

No comments: