Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Another One Down

Finished up the Jerry Cornelius story I was working on. Like most of my stories it turned into something other than what it started out as. It came in at about 12 thousand words. I keep swearing off pastiches, but I couldn't resist the urge to write something in Michael Moorcock's universe. Back to my own stuff now, though. Really.
These days, whether a story is meant for publication or done purely for my own entertainment, I'm just always glad to finish. I had a lot of years where I just kept writing fragments and couldn't seem to finish anything. I've completed more stories in the past three years than the five years that preceded them. So anyway, glad to get another one in before the end of 2010.
One thing I did enjoy about this story was that I wrote it with no plan at all, but things still dovetailed neatly at the end. If I didn't know that it wasn't plotted in advance, I'd swear it was. Stephen King would be so proud of me...

No comments: