Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Morning

Christmas Eve morning. I'm at my desk with a big cup of black coffee and a slice of Jenny's homemade banana bread. The day is basically mine until 6:30 or so this evening when I have to head up to Canton for various Rutledge family Christmas stuff.
Spent last evening at my pal Brie's house, watching the George C. Scott version of a Christmas Carol with Brie and her family. Brie cooked a wonderful dinner and she and my friend Nav (with a little help from the ever sneaky Cliff) had conspired to give me a shirt emblazoned with the words

Crush Your Enemies,
See Them Driven Before You,
Hear the Lamentations of Their Women.

Now if that doesn't say Christmas, I don't know what does.
I plan for today to be a goof off day. I'm going to read some comic books and maybe a book, and watch some Christmas movies and such. I'm well stocked with food for the weekend so I don't have to go out if I don't wish to. Bruce is playing with a catnip mouse that Brie sent him and Amelia is pretending that she doesn't want to play with it too. All and all a nice morning. And now I think I need a little more banana bread. Talk to you later.

No comments: