Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Post # 1000

I noticed the other day that I was at post number 992, so as I've been posting the last couple of days I've been aware that my 1000th post was coming up and I thought, "Gee, I should do something spectacular for post 1000." But instead I've just decided to thank all the folks who've come by to read my often meandering thoughts on books, movies, comic books, etc. Thanks to everyone who has posted a comment, and especially to all of you who have recommended books and stuff. I've gotten a lot of great suggestions from folks who have taken the time to post. I've also discovered some wonderful blogs and made some good friends by following links back from comments. It's amazing how many of the spots in my bookmarks are taken up by blogs now. Lastly, a special thanks to my good friend Beth, who talked me into blogging in the first place.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Happy 1000th!!! Hurray! I TOLD you it's nice having a whole record of stuff your brain was occupied with. I'll be honest - I didn't think you'd stick with it this long. But you have the right attitude, where you're doing it for your own self instead of some imagined riches and/or fame. And as a side bonus, we all get to read it.

I'd take you out to celebrate if I could, but I can't. So go eat something fabulous.

Gabriele C. said...

Happy 1000postiversary. :)

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Beth, yeah I'm a little surprised I've been at it this long too. A couple of times I almost decided to stop blogging, but as you say, I just write about stuff that interests me for fun. And I'm always interested in something. heh.

Thanks, Gabrielle! Glad to see you're still blogging away too.