Monday, February 21, 2011

Restless Weekend

I had one of those weekends where I couldn't seem to settle down and do any reading. I started two different novels and gave up on each after about 50 pages. I don't think it was either author's fault. I just wasn't in the mood to read a long book, I guess. Similarly I couldn't seem to watch an entire movie. I'm doing the free Netflix trial this month, so I had plenty of downloadable choices, but again, I'd watch ten minutes and then my attention would wander. I did manage to watch an episode of Kung Fu: The Legend Continues on Youtube. More about that later.
I also finally settled down enough to read the middle novella in the Elric book, The Vanishing Tower and read about half of the Howard Lamb story Forward! right before bedtime. I'll finish the Lamb tale tonight.
No idea why I was so restless over the weekend. We had some nice spring weather, but Spring doesn't affect me the way Fall does, so I don't think that was it. I played Lord of the Rings Online some and I paced the apartment and I looked at some comic books and just sort of flittered the weekend away. Hopefully I'll be back on track this week.

No comments: