Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Counting the Days

You know, it's ridiculous how excited I am about the upcoming new season of Doctor Who. This is how I used to feel as a kid when I was waiting for some SF movie to come out or for the new issue of a favorite comic book. Just dying to see it. I almost never have that feeling anymore. There's just something about the series that catches my sense of wonder just right. Not sure how I feel about them splitting the season in two. (Half now, half in the fall.) But as writer/producer Steven Moffat pointed out, that means you're never more than seven months from a new episode, (That's counting the annual Christmas special.) so I guess that's a way of looking at it. For a British TV show, where seasons are often as few as three episodes and average about six, the thirteen episode seasons of Doctor Who were always a bit unusual. Still that means that after the middle of June I'll be counting the days again.

No comments: