Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ebay Score!


Had some good luck on Ebay this week. Did a couple of Buy It Now purchases, looking to replace some worn out books and get a few new ones. First set was a good deal on some Karl Edward Wagner paperbacks that were included with a group of other books. I didn't own the first edition white cover version of Death Angel's Shadow pictured in the upper right corner and as it turned out, two of the other Kane books were better copies than my current ones. Also I needed a replacement copy of the Jirel of Joiry paperback, having given my copy to a friend, and the copy of Warlocks and Warriors was an upgrade too. That's why I was sorting books. Making space for new ones and setting dupes aside for friends who need them.

4 comments:

Brian Murphy said...

Holy cow man... I'm totally jealous. Nice find. I just finished The Fantastic Swordsmen and am in the market for the other three de Camp edited S&S volumes in that series. Kane goes without saying.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Yeah I lucked out on this one for sure.

JasonZavoda said...

That is a fantastic find. I follishly loaned out my copy of Death Angel's Shadow and now need a replacement copy myself, but all the ones I spotted on ebay were in the $20+ range.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Unfortunately that's about standard for a good copy of any of the Kane books. (Again making me wonder why no one is reprinting them.) I'd send you my old copy Jason, but that dupe was already spoken for.