Friday, August 12, 2011

There were books?

Real conversation from this morning.

Me to friend. "The new Conan movie hits a week from today. I'll probably see it that weekend."
Guy I wasn't talking to. "They remade Conan?'
Me. "Not a remake. A new movie using the character."
Guy I wasn't talking to. "I wouldn't figure you for a Conan fan. He's like a big hulking Neanderthal."
Me. "That was the old movie. Conan isn't like that in the books."
Guy I wasn't talking to. "There were books?"
The conversation went downhill from there.

3 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

*facepalm*

lk said...

Oh dear.

years ago I had a book idea that required research into Conan (don't ask)so I went into Borders and bought about 20 Conan books at once.

The clerk had never heard of Conan. He was an Aussie I think. Seemed a bit nonplussed at this female carrying out a million paperbacks with those interesting covers.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Paul. Indeed.

Those would have been some of the pastiches, if that were that many of them, LK. The TORs probably. But yeah, amazing that the guy had never even heard of Conan.