Sunday, October 02, 2011

The Wedding of River Song


Okay, I have to admit they got me. I figured out who River Song was and I didn't take the obvious red herring of the 'ganger' Doctor being the way out of the Doctor's apparent death. But I didn't figure out how the Doctor was actually going to cheat Death until about halfway through the final episode, so yeah, I caught it before they did it, but not in advance. All and all, a very satisfactory way to end the season. Most of the loose ends tied up nicely. I see from the advance information for this year's Doctor Who Christmas episode that the actors who portray Amy and Rory aren't mentioned, so presumably next season will bring a new companion or companions. I've enjoyed Amy and Rory and River, but I could do without all three for a season.

2 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

I was wondering about Amy & Rory, too, but someone said Karen Gillan has signed for another season.

Xmas special last year didn't have them, so I'm not surprised they aren't in this coming one.

If you hadn't heard, BBC has said 2012 will be another year off, with a few specials.

No full season until 2013.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Ah, no I hadn't heard that, Paul. Jeez, how hard is it to produce 13 episodes a year? Oh well. Amy and Rory were in last year's Christmas special, just trapped on a crashing spaceship for most of it.