Sunday, November 13, 2011

Belated Blogiversary

Once again I let the anniversary of the start of this blog slip past. Nov 1st marked five years of blogging. Hard to believe I've been at it this long. 2011 turned out to be a big year for the blog, with over 200 posts, reversing the downward trend of 2009 and 2010. Don't know if I'll break the 250 mark, as I did in 2008, but still, much blogging.
The focus of the blog has remained books, though obviously I've reviewed a lot of comic books, movies, and other media. I tend to think of the real focus as being stories, because that is my primary interest in all the entertainment fields. I am a card carrying story junkie. I can't get through a day without at least one story, be it a TV show, comic, short story, movie, or novel. I just love stories. I think it's the reason I'm a writer as well. I love to tell a story as much as I love to experience one.
Anyway, I'd like to thank all the folks who read the blog. I've made some new friends by having a blog, and those folks have introduced me to new books and writers and have challenged my opinions and made me think. That makes it worthwhile for me to sit here and pound on the keys.

3 comments:

Cromsblood said...

Hey Charles, I meant to comment sooner on this but was transistioning to a new laptop...Congrats to you!

That's a lot of years and a lot of posts...and it's not all that rewarding at times. Some people don't realize just how much work it is to blog and post regularly. For me, most of the reward comes by way of improved spelling, writing skills, and vocabulary (all quite slowly as you can tell).

Anyways, keep up the good work, and although I don't always agree with you, I respect your opinion and appreciate having you around!

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks, Cromsblood. You know how much I enjoy the Crom blog too, and what fun would the world be if everyone agreed on everything? Here's to many years of blogging for us both!

Cromsblood said...

Hear, hear!