Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cat-iversary

Today marks the third year that I have had two cats living with me. On November 22nd, 2008, my friend Trish dropped off her two cats, Bruce and Amelia, to stay with me while her Air Force Reserve unit was deployed to Iraq. I was originally supposed to keep the cats for six to eight months, but various upheavals in Trish's life kept extending their stay until finally she and I decided the cats should just stay with me permanently. (Though I have promised Trish joint custody should she ever return to Georgia.)
Bruce has now lived with me longer than he lived with Trish, and Amelia is catching up, so I do consider them my cats. (Though as Rooster Cogburn observed, no one owns a cat. We're roommates.) They are a constant source of amusement, annoyance, and companionship.

3 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

Congratulations.

I've had cats nearly all my life. The few years I wasn't responsible for one, while I enjoyed the freedom, it just wasn't the same.

Cromsblood said...

Yeah, I have two cats too...they're great. The older one, Moses, looks just like this...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theresaf/4391931587/

Some people freak out a little when they first see him, but he just looks like another cat to me.

The first night my (future) wife stayed over, he peed on her while she slept. Possesive little fella.

Brett Brooks said...

There is no doubt in my mind that you are a great dad to those kids. And did you ever imagine yourself being a cat person? Great, isn't it.

:)