Tuesday, November 29, 2011

More Cloonan Conan

Comics Alliance has put up a few pages of the first issue of Brian Wood's and Becky Cloonan's adaptation of Queen of the Black Coast. I'm not going to swipe the "exclusive" pics, so I'll provide a link at the bottom of the page. Overall I like the art quite a bit, though I'm reserving judgement until I see more shots of Conan's face.
I do really like the last page of the preview where Conan says,

"And I promise you, if you don't put distance between us and those guardsmen on shore, I will drench this ship in your blood and that of your crew."

And then the next panel cuts to the crew's faces and they're like, "Wait..what did he just say?" . Very nice bit of visual "business."

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/11/29/conan-the-barbarian-1-brian-wood-becky-cloonan-preview/

No comments: