Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Complete Carcosa


Cliff emailed me at work today to let me know I had a package waiting at Dr. No's (his comic book store) so I swung by to get it on my way home. It contained the books Far Lands, Other Days by E. Hoffman Price and Murgunstrumm and Others by Hugh B. Cave, which were the two Carcosa Press books that I was missing. Carcosa was the small press run by Karl Edward Wagner and David Drake back in the 1970s-1980s. The company ultimately only published four books and until today I only owned two of them, Lonely Vigils and Worse Things Waiting, both collections of stories by Manly Wade Wellman.
Like some of my other recent acquisitions, these books are from the Wagner family library, but unlike the others, which were the property of KEW, these two volumes had been given by Wagner to his father for Christmas and both are inscribed to Wagner's dad. I like to think that both Wagners would be glad that the books had found a home with someone who was such a fan of KEW's work.

3 comments:

Keith said...

Congratulations on completing the set. How are you finding books owned by KEW? I'd love to have something with his signature on it.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Keith, go to ebay and look for a store called breenstuff. Real nice guy, Dan Breen, who bought KEW's books and is selling his collection all these years later.

Keith said...

Thanks. Will do.