Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Weird Shelf


I've finally accumulated so many books of weird fiction other than Lovecraft that I've had to start a weird fiction area in my book cases. If you look you can see Kuttner, Wellman, Cave, Brennan, Campbell, and several others. The Gigantic Frank Belknap Long volume is below, sandwiched between Prince Valiant and Sherlock Holmes, mostly because that's the only shelf the book will fit on. That is Karl Edward Wagner's copy of The Broken Sword there by the two Carcosa books that belonged to his father. I wanted to keep all that stuff together. I will probably have to make more room soon for the two volume KEW set from centipede and some other books that are coming out.

3 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

Looks great!

Rachel said...

I hope it doesn't sound too weird that I'm as impressed with the bookshelf itself as the beautiful display of books. I think I'm having shelf envy because I move so much that I've always been hesitant to collect books. I can't wait to one day be able to collect and display. How satisfying!

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Paul, thanks!

Rachel, I don't find that at all weird. When I moved to my current apartment, I bought six matching bookshelves to display my books. At my previous residence they had been scattered about on mismatched shelves. I'll try and put up a picture of my back wall where I have three of those shelves side by side. There are a lot of books there.