Thursday, April 26, 2012

Acquisitions

Another good night at the comic book store. Major two books for this week were DC Showcase featuring the Spectre and the third hardback collection of the IDW Dungeons and Dragons series. The Spectre volume contains a lot of great art by Neal Adams and Murphy Anderson, and one of Bernie Wrightson's earliest professional art jobs. Plus the famous Michael Fleisher/Jim Aparo Spectre stories from the 1970s, which were very creepy and violent for their time. A massive chunk of classic comic books stories for a mere $19.99. I'll have to wait to read the D&D book to review it. I've stopped buying the individual issues and instead just pick up the collections, so this is new to me. Like the previous two volumes, this slim hardback is designed to look like an actual D&D supplement, which is cool. In the mail I received two more Frank Belknap Long Gothic romances. I think I just need one more to have the entire set. Also got five of the eight Dark Shadows DVD sets I posted about earlier. Three to go. Fortunately one of the sets was the first of the run, so I can start watching this weekend, even if the other three sets take a bit longer to arrive. So plenty to read and plenty to watch.

4 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

Nice.

I ordered some Paizo Planet Stories and also have some pre-order books on Amazon that should come due within the next two weeks - the new K E Wagner horror collections and the new Glen Cook collection.

I also put my Strange Worlds "Pearls of Uraton" painting in for its frame, finally. Should get that back in a couple of weeks :)

Charles R. Rutledge said...

I have the KEW volumes on order as well. Cool about the painting. The painting for "Slavers of Trakor" is wrapped up to keep it safe from the cats until I can get it framed.

Paul R. McNamee said...

Got back from lunch, had email from Amazon. Both KEW volumes have shipped!

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Excellent!