Wednesday, April 25, 2012

More Dark Shadows

After watching a DVD of 9 episodes of the TV series Dark Shadows, and finding that I enjoyed them quite a bit, I did a little research and found that there were a couple of seasons I wanted to see more of, particularly one that takes the cast back in time to 1897. A little further research revealed that MPI Home Video will be releasing a DVD set of the entire series, presumably to coincide with the new Dark Shadows movie. However the set retails for 600 bucks, and I don't really want the entire series, so I did a little digging and found that I could get 8 DVD boxed sets that covered the seasons I was interested in for well under a hundred dollars. So I have 8 sets on the way, each consisting of 40 half hour episodes, so that's um...320 episodes. That should hold me for a while.

3 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

That is a series I never saw but would like to catch up on, someday.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

It's worth bumping around Amazon's aftermarket sellers, Paul. I got some of the DVD sets for as little as five dollars. If you just want a sampler, I can recommend the 'Best of Barnabas" disc which is the one I watched. It has 9 episodes stretching over the entire run of the series. My local Barnes & Noble had that one on a display of stuff related to the new Dark Shadows film.

Barrymore Tebbs said...

The 1897 story line is by far my favorite - it's where I came in as a ten-year old back in 69.