Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Old School Action Movie Extravaganza

I was thinking the other day that I'd like to see the original Rambo movie, First Blood. Been forever since I saw it. I actually saw it in the theater originally with my Uncle Ray, fittingly enough the man who taught me how to shoot a gun. Anyway, I figured I'd swing by Movie Stop and get it cheap as a used DVD. Turned out they were having a 'buy three, get one free' sale, so with a little judicious shopping I picked up five vintage action movies. I ended up with:

First Blood (Watched it yesterday. Still a classic action film.)

Terminator 2 (In my opinion the best of the series.)

True Lies (Haven't seen this one since it came out originally.)

Time Cop (One of Van Damme's few A-list movies.)

Judge Dredd (Another that I haven't see since it was originally released.)

   Total cost. Twenty bucks. Can't beat that with a stick. (If that's your idea of a good time, as Groucho would say.) If it sounds like a warm up for Expendables 2, I'm sure that had some influence on my choices. I'd like to have gotten at least one Chuck Norris film, but decided I would cap my spending at $20. Maybe next time.

No comments: