Wednesday, August 01, 2012

How to Write 80 Thousand Words in Five Weeks

   First you need a collaborator who's a madman. Fortunately both James A. Moore and I can make that claim. We did the first 60 thousand words without even a story conference, which shows that evil minds run in the same channel. We hit 80K today and we're bouncing emails back and forth a lot right now as we roll up on the end. It's very possible that we'll be finished with the book by this time next week. My next book will be called, How to Write a Novel in Six Weeks. The first chapter will be called "Get Jim Moore as a Collaborator." I used to wonder how he got so much stuff written. Now I know. The man's a machine.

2 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

I'll have some of what he is having, thanks.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

heh, Jim's very inspiring. Makes me work hard.