Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

As I mentioned before, I haven't been able to have quite as epic a Halloween season this year as last, mostly due to circumstances beyond my control. Still I've worked in a good many creepy movies, stories, comics, and such, so it hasn't been a bad one. Since tonight is the night I'm usually out with my friends Halloween's about done for me. Won't have time to fit in another movie or anything. Maybe I can work in one more short story or comic book between getting home from work and heading out with the gang. We shall see.
   I did pick up some candy, though it's unlikely I'll have any trick or treaters, but hey, you never know. I chose Three Musketeers this year because that was the candy my grandmother always gave out. I think it was her favorite candy, so she knew any that didn't get handed out wouldn't go to waste. Same is true at my place. Can't go wrong with Chocolate.
   Autumn continues to be beautiful here in Georgia, one of the nicest I remember in several years. Looks like the kids should have good weather for trick or treating tonight. Cool, but not unpleasantly so.
   Anyway, hope you all have a good Halloween. Keep an eye on the shadows and check your closet and under your bed before you go to sleep. Never know what's lurking in the dark...

4 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

Happy Halloween to you, too!

I might watch "KARLOFF as The Mummy!" tonight, but that's not set in stone. Depends on how tuckered out I am by this evening.

Keith said...

We've got Trunk of Treat at church. Several of the women in our small group are really outdone themselves by turning a van into a pirate ship. We should have a cannon that shoots candy. My wife made the waves and the plank. I'll try to get reading in after that.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Paul and Keith, hope both of you have a fun and spooky evening.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. May yours be cool and creepy. .