Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Writing Report

   Finished the final edits on Blind Shadows last weekend and sent those off to Miskatonic Books. It's October so I'm in the mood to write something creepy. Haven't quite got a handle on the plot for the Lovecraftian story I was messing with Sunday morning so I've turned back to my Sword & Sorcery horror yarn, The Dead Abide, which I stopped work on to write the novel Congregations of the Dead.
   I had left off right before a major scary scene, so I wrote that tonight. Managed to creep myself out just a bit, which is always a good sign.
   Had a couple of problems with my Weird Western, The Devil You Don't know, so I've put it aside for a rethink. I try to have several projects in the works because if one goes 'cold' I can switch to another. Often the break solves whatever problem I was having.

2 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

I admire your output rate. I must work at mine.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

My buddy and sometimes collaborator Jim Moore has been a good influence. He's always working on two of three projects at once. If you get several short stories up and running in different genres, there's always something fun to work on, and as I said, if one goes south you just leap to another and come back later with fresh eyes.