Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Plans


   Tonight is the Christmas get-together for my extended family, so I'll be heading out to my uncle's house about 6:00 pm. That will be the over eating part of the holiday. Then tomorrow morning I'll go to my brother's house to exchange gifts with my parents and my brother's family.  And that should take care of Christmas.
   So far my plan to have a better Christmas has gone well. I've enjoyed having the tree, though not as much as Bruce has enjoyed it. I've watched Christmas movies and read Christmas stories, and I plan to do more of that today.
   I need to dig out my stash of Christmas themed comic books. I know I have some collections of Uncle Scrooge, Archie, and various super hero Christmas stories. They're in a box somewhere. Otherwise, should be a calm Christmas Eve here. Hope everyone is having a good Holiday as well. I've learned that I can still enjoy the Christmas season. I just have to work at it.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I have to work at to, too, and it seems to take more work each year. Sounds like a good Christmas for you. Here's hoping it turns out even better than you expect.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks, Keith. Hope you have a good one too!