Friday, December 14, 2012

On the Shoulders of Giants

   I had told my friends that when I got a copy of Blind Shadows I was going to shelve it between books by Karl Edward Wagner and Manly Wade Wellman, not because I have any illusions that my work belongs beside theirs, but because they were the two biggest influences on me when I was writing my part of the novel. My Co-author, James A. Moore agreed that we should dedicate Blind Shadows to Wagner because he had been a big influence on Jim as well.

4 comments:

Keith said...

Congratulations on being able to put your work on the shelf with the masters. I see a lot of familiar titles on those shelves.

Paul R. McNamee said...

Very nice & great collection of Wellman's John the Balladeer hardcovers!

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks, Keith!

Thanks, Paul. Yeah, I'm still missing one of those. Looking for the right copy at the right price.

Creep said...

I stumbled across this picture while searching for signature images for Karl Edward Wagner so I could authenticate a signed copy of "Darkness Weaves". Let me say you have very fine taste in literature. Your bookcase looks a little like mine only I aspire to own a copy of Murgunstrumm but the prices for that book are a little unreasonable.