Monday, December 24, 2012

Rewrites

Started the second draft of Congregations of the Dead, the follow up to Blind Shadows. My co-author, James A. Moore, gave me the first crack at it. I got through about a third of the 300 plus page manuscript yesterday and so far I haven't had to do any major rewrites. Just the usual corrections, rewordings, and such that one expects. I will say that letting a MS sit for as long as we did this one allows you to come at the book with fresh eyes. I haven't peeked at it since we set it aside several months ago. I'm expecting more trouble toward the last third of the book as I remember thinking at the time that it was a bit choppy, but we'll see.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Good luck with that. I hope it turns out to not be as choppy as you recall.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks! Yes, sometimes time can work it's magic and you don't find as much wrong as you thought at the time of the writing. Fingers crossed.