Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Best Laid Plans...

   Okay, so the plan for the weekend was to read Joe Abercrombie's new book, Red Country. However, thanks to my first ever shipping problem with Amazon Prime two day shipping, the book didn't get here yesterday, so that plan was shot. I considered going ahead and getting it for my Kindle, but I bought a hardback because I like Abercrombie's work enough that I want the tactile feel of a book so I guess I'll just have to wait. (Yeah I know it doesn't make sense, but there ya go.)
   As a result, my plan to spend the weekend immersed in a big, thick, book is out. I swung by Barnes & Noble this morning but all I could find that caught my interest was a reference book on Jane Austen. Hardly a substitute for blood and gore. I sneered at their copies of Red Country as I walked through the SF/Fantasy section. Grrrr.

No comments: