Tuesday, February 05, 2013

About Books


   I am an eclectic reader. I read all kinds of stuff, usually with no discernible pattern. As I read, books tend to pile up until I take the time to shelve them or put them in boxes to go to the Friends of the Library sale. This is what was on the middle cushion of the couch this morning as I was tidying up the living room. This is stuff I've read or re-read in the last week or so.

   In other reading news, I was checking the Kindle this morning to see how many books I'd read on it since purchasing the device in January of last year. One hundred and nineteen was the current count, probably about a quarter of the books I read last year, so yeah, liking the digital book world. The best thing about the Kindle is it prevents pile ups like the one pictured above.*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9 (At this point, Bruce stepped on the keyboard. Cats.)

   Today's my birthday, so I took the day off from work. I plan to hit the bookstore when it opens in about an hour. We'll see what else I can find.

5 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

Happy Birthday!

I took a day off and went book-shopping on my birthday, too.

I think it is going to be my birthday tradition going forward.

Happy hunting!

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks, Paul! I've had a good one.

Keith said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Cromsblood said...

Oop. Missed it. Happy belated bookday err birthday Charles!

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks, Keith and Cromsblood!