Sunday, February 10, 2013

TARZAN: THE COMPLETE RUSS MANNING NEWSPAPER STRIPS

   Some really good news this weekend for fans of Edgar Rice Burroughs and Russ Manning. IDW, who is fast becoming one of my favorite publishers, will be releasing the complete Russ Manning Tarzan newspaper strips. Here's the press release to save me some typing.

"San Diego, CA (February 8, 2013) - IDW Publishing is proud to announce that the Library of American Comics will be collecting comics legend Russ Manning's classic run with Edgar Rice Burroughs' King of the Jungle in 2013! TARZAN: THE COMPLETE RUSS MANNING NEWSPAPER STRIPS is a four-volume series. The first three volumes will chronologically collect all ofManning's daily black & white and full-color Sunday strips from 1967 to 1974, while the fourth volume will collect the remaining Sunday strips, which Manningcontinued to do until 1979."


   I have long wanted to have a high quality collection of all this beautiful Russ Manning art. I have a lot of these strips in various forms, from badly reproduced copies to high quality European albums, to scans for my computer, but I don't have them all and I certainly will want all of these volumes. The first book will be out in May. Guess I better start saving my money...

No comments: