Monday, April 29, 2013

And One to Go

Almost there to get all the issues of Marvel's Conan the Barbarian written by Roy Thomas on his second run on the title. I was missing issues #267 and #273. Found a copy of #273 within my self imposed budget for this quest, and it's on the way as we speak. That leaves one issue to go.
   On a somewhat interesting note, though issue #275 was the last issue of the color Conan comic book, its black & white brother, Savage Sword of Conan, continued to be published for a while after Conan the Barbarian was cancelled. And Roy continued the continuity from the color comic as a backup feature in Savage Sword, so the comic ends but the story goes on. Fortunately, I already own a full set of Savage Sword of Conan, so I can read the continuity through to the bitter end.

2 comments:

Cromsblood said...

I thought I'd seen every Conan comic book cover on the planet, but this one looks new to me... perhaps because it's not all that memorable. Regardless, I find them all fascinating, and would also love to complete my collection one day.

You can do it!

Charles R. Rutledge said...

I'm not sure I could convince myself to buy all the issues Michael Fleisher wrote. That would be the big roadblock to me getting a complete set, but you never know.