Monday, April 22, 2013

Guess WHO's Back...

 Well this pretty much made my morning. My buddy Jim sent me a link to an article containing pictures of David Tennant and Matt Smith filming on the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special, which will air in November. Really great to see Tennant back in costume and even cooler to see the two actors together.
   In other Doctor Who news, I am really enjoying the second half of the new series. Basically once Amy and Rory were gone the show turned fun again. That's unfortunate because originally I really liked both characters, but by the time we got to the end of the first half of this season I was glad to see them depart.
   I like the new companion quite a bit, and I've been impressed with how the writers have made her more of a human being than super woman Amy. Clara has shown a vulnerability that Amy never had. Plus, I just prefer the slightly romantic dynamic between Doctor and Companion. The married couple on the Tardis bit threw that off.
   The last two episodes, Cold War and Hide were a lot of fun. I suspect that when I buy this season on DVD, I won't spend much time rewatching the first half dozen episodes, but will happily return to the second half of the season for repeated viewings. For the rest of the pics, go here:

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/04/18/doctor-who-50th-anniversary-tennant-smith-and-john-hurt-filming-a/




3 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul R. McNamee said...

It will be interesting. I'm wondering how much stock footage is going to show up ;)

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Yeah, according to the various articles I've read, the story will involve all the Doctor's regenerations, so I figure there will have to be a lot of stock footage. I'm wondering how it will be used. Sometimes I wish they would do an animated Doctor Who movie so they could use all the Doctors and have them all active in the storyline.