Friday, May 03, 2013

Conan and Grimjack

   Today's mail brought the latest Conan team-up commisson for my collection and this one is double extra special because the artist, Timothy Truman, not only writes and occasionally draws Conan for Dark Horse Comics, but he is, of course, the original artist and co-creator of Grimjack. Doesn't get much  better then this, kids.
   When I saw that Timothy had also included Bob the watch lizard, one of my favorite characters from Grimjack, it just made my day. That's one of the great things about getting commissions like this. You never know exactly what the artist is going to do.
   Anyway, it's a fantastic drawing, and the scan doesn't really capture the subtle gray tones, which look even better in real life.

P.S. I would kill for this mini-series.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That, strictly speaking, is pretty groovy.
I notice your image of Conan & Tarzan popping up around the web with no attribution.
So what's next?
I opt for Conan & the Shadow by Kaluta. Go for it!

John Hocking

Charles R. Rutledge said...

John, yeah I've pretty much resigned myself that any of these drawings I put on the blog are going to get swiped. nature of the Internet. Not sure what's on my list next, though Kaluta would be a great idea. I'm looking at a couple of artists now.