Wednesday, May 08, 2013

In the Stacks

   My mom tells me that there is now a copy of Blind Shadows in the library system in the county where I grew up. This means a lot to me, as I certainly made use of that library when I was a kid. The building is different, but it's the same library where I checked out books by everyone from Dr. Seuss to John D. MacDonald. Can't tell you how many hours I spent in the library when I was growing up. And now, my novel sits on the shelf there, where someone could come along and check it out. Though I live in a different county now, I may have to drive up there just to see my book on the library shelf.

3 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

That is very cool.

Keith West said...

That is an achievement. Post a picture when you make the drive.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Paul and Keith, yes I'm thrilled to be in the library. I'll try and get a shot of the book on the shelf.