Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Prince of Midnight at audible .com

   If you've been a reader of this blog for a while, you've heard me talk about my friend Laura, but you may not know that she's Laura Kinsale, a New York Times bestselling author of historical romances, and let me tell you, the lady can write. She's a master of characterization and she's been kind enough over the years to hammer the importance of good characters into my thick skull.
   Anyway, she's been working hard over the past few months on creating high quality audio versions of some of her books. I've heard samples of her novel The Prince of Midnight read by actor Nicholas Boulton, and I was amazed at his talent. Back in the day, when I had a long commute to work, I listened to a LOT of audio books, and Boulton is one of the best readers I've ever heard. His ability to switch voices from character to character borders on the scary.
   Anyway, if you or anyone you know enjoys audio books, zip over to audible (I'll provide a link) and give this one a try. Even if like me, you're not a regular reader of historical romances, trust me, Laura Kinsale is in a class of her own, and so is the performance by Nicholas Boulton.

http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=newreleas_c2_8_t?asin=B00CWI6IEK

No comments: