Saturday, June 01, 2013

All Good Things...

  Well it's official. Matt Smith will be leaving Doctor Who after this year's Christmas special. I'd been hearing rumors for the last few weeks, but there are always rumors. But it's in the Telegraph this evening and now all over the net. I hate to see him go, because I've become very fond of his version of the Doctor, but all good things must end, as the saying goes. Read all about it, here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/10093520/Matt-Smith-to-quit-Doctor-Who-after-Christmas-special.html

2 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

Pity, he'll be missed as the Doctor.

I don't know if it is the actors or the show or mutual agreement, but the Doctor has been tearing through bodies.

I can understand a standard 3 season run, and while I wouldn't want someone to dominate as Tom Baker did, a 4 or 5 season run with one Doctor just to break it up would be a nice change (for fans.)

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Indeed, Paul. I had hoped Matt would stay around for a few more years, but them's the breaks.