Thursday, August 01, 2013

Paying it Forward

   I bought breakfast for a total stranger this morning. Never met him or her and probably never will. Here's what happened. A couple of weeks back I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a cup of coffee and a donut. I went through the drive in window and when I got to the window to pay, the lady at the register told me that the driver in the car ahead of me had already paid for my order. I asked why, and she said it was just something people did sometimes. I thought it a nice gesture, a random act of kindness and it made my morning.
   So here, a couple of weeks later, I made another stop at Dunkin Donuts and when I got to the window I told the lady there that I wanted to pay for the driver behind me too. Dark out, so I never got a look at whoever was in the car, but I hope they enjoyed their free breakfast.

2 comments:

bwbyars said...

Well done. Isn't it interesting how making someone else's day also makes your own?

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Indeed!