Saturday, September 07, 2013

Autumn Thoughts

   It's a cool morning out there. Though autumn doesn't officially begin for another few days, it's fall as far as I'm concerned. Leaves are turning, in some cases falling, and the quality of light has begun to change, darkening the shadows and sharpening the edges. Fall is my favorite time of year, though it always makes me restless. This morning I have the windows open and Bruce the cat is standing on the windowsill surveying his domain. Farewell Summer.

1 comment:

Keith West said...

I'll trade weather with you. While the light here in Texas is becoming fall-like, i.e., I have less time to do yard work in the evening, it's still in the upper 90s. Leaves won't turn for at least 4-6 weeks, with some trees not changing until November. Still we're entering my favorite time of the year, when it finally starts to cool off a little.