Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Almost Halloween

Well here we are at the end of October. One day to go until Halloween. My Halloween season has been good. I've watched a lot of scary movies and read scary stories by folks like E.F. Benson, Karl Edward Wagner, Hugh B. Cave, and Robert E. Howard. I've also worked my way back through a bunch of horror comics, mostly Marvel's Black & White Magazines, like Tales of the Zombie, and Dracula Lives. Some wild stuff from the 1970s. Tonight I'll be out with the Dr. No's gang.
   I've scheduled a long weekend, leaving work tomorrow after lunch and taking off on Friday, not because of Halloween but because, as usual, I've got a lot of leftover vacation to burn here at the end of the year. Still it's nice knowing I can stay up late on Halloween and not have to roll out of bed early on Friday. Going to watch a couple more movies, and finish up the season in fine style.

4 comments:

Keith West said...

Sounds like a good weekend.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Hope so, Keith.

Creep said...

Yep here's my my movie schedule for tonight.

Halloween
Friday the 13th
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Evil Dead 1 & 2
The Exorcist
The Blair Witch Project
and maybe Creepshow if I haven't passed out by then.

By the way there's no remakes on this list and I'll be watching most of them on VHS.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Sounds like a great film festival, Creep!