Friday, October 11, 2013

Autumn Thoughts

   I took the day off today. I had originally planned to go and buy some tires, but that plan has hit a slight snag, so it must be reconsidered. I slept in, not getting up until 6:15. For me, that's late.
   I've been out to breakfast at J. Christopher's. A skillet of potatoes and corn beef hash with two eggs on top. Now I am sitting here typing. The windows are open. I can hear Bruce in the kitchen munching on cat food with that odd hollow sound that cats make when devouring dry cat food.
   Not sure what the rest of the day holds. May head for a bookstore. May just sit here and watch scary movies and read books all day. Think there could be some pizza in there somewhere.
   Fall is off to a fine start here in Georgia. Leaves are turning and some are falling. The mornings are crisp and cool and the afternoons are still warm. The light has that particular quality that only comes with autumn. I am restless, as I always am at this time of year.
   Bruce has left the kitchen now and is sitting in the window, nose pressed to the screen, green eyes searching for chipmunks, squirrels or the stray McDonald's wrapper carried on the autumn wind.

1 comment:

Keith West said...

Sounds like a perfect day. Wish mine were looking like that, but I'm at work. Enjoy it.