Thursday, October 10, 2013

Now With More Scary Movies

   Both Cliff and Jim came through last night with Blu-Rays and DVDs of scary movies to add to this year's Fright Flick Festival. Jim brought me SESSION 9, which I've heard good things about, and Cliff brought me the remastered Blu-Ray of The Universal Horror movies plus some other films, so I can add those to the stuff I haven't watched yet.
   Cliff also loaned me the first seasons of Grimm and Once Upon a Time, so now I can catch up on my fairy tale based shows.
   Did I mention I'm enjoying Sleepy Hollow? The winning mix of "fish out of water buddy cops" protagonists, the supernatural bad guys, and some clever writing makes this show a lot of fun. And it premiered just in time for Halloween. I'll have more to say about the show once I get caught up on the episodes.

3 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

I really should watch Session 9 - especially since it was filmed around here (in Massachusetts.)

Anonymous said...

The conclusion of Session 9 is haunting.
It's a good movie, with a number of powerful scenes, but the ending has an understated power that is unforgettable.

John Hocking

The Wasp said...

Saw Session 9 in the movies and rewatch it regularly. One of the best atmospheric horror films.