Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bloggiversary

   Well, once again I have let the anniversary of Singular Points slip past me. I started blogging on November 1st, 2006 and here I am some seven years later, still at it. The post that preceded this one was the 200th post for this year, so obviously I still have a lot to run on about.
   The content of the blog has changed somewhat over those years. People have pointed out that I don't talk about my day to day life as much as I used to. That wasn't really a conscious decision, just kind of the direction in which things drifted. I still review a lot of books, movies, comics, TV shows, and what have you, which was the original purpose of this blog.
   I'm also on Facebook now, which is where some of the short 'sound bite' posts that used to be here appear nowadays. I'm barely on twitter, but now and again I tweet something. I link most of my longer posts to Facebook, which has brought the blog a lot more traffic.
   But I'm still a blog guy. I like the space to ramble on about whatever I'm interested in, which I don't really find on other social media. I've met a lot of nice folks through the comments and those people have recommended many books and films that I otherwise wouldn't have discovered. After all these years this is still a fun place to hang out.

7 comments:

Paul R. McNamee said...

Congratulations.

Very happy to have made your acquaintance.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

You too, Paul, though of course, you and I are colleagues too as we have appeared in an anthology together.

Cromsblood said...

Kudos to you Charles!

Your dedication is appreciated, as Singular Points is an entertaining and enlightening stop on the mighty interwebs.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks, Cromsblood!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! Wishing you many happy returns!

Keith West said...

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to reading Singular Points for many years to come.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks Rachel and Keith!