Saturday, November 16, 2013

This Looks Like a Job For...

  

    Many years ago I was in a local mall and I happened to be wearing a blue shirt with a Superman insignia. A woman walked past me with her small son and the kid suddenly darted over to me and motioned for me to bend down so he could speak to me. I leaned down and he whispered, 'You forgot to take your glasses off."
   Took me a couple of seconds to realize what he meant. Then I put a worried expression on my face, snatched my glasses off, and stuck them in my pocket.
   "Thanks,' I told him. "I'm glad you warned me."
   The kid grinned and ran back to his mom, who was also grinning. I gave her a nod and walked on. The kid went home that day happy that he had helped Superman preserve his secret identity. That was a good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw.
One of the things about comics we jaded older readers tend to forget is how magical, how mythic, the stories and characters can be to a small child.
Good job, man.

John

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Yeah,John that's a good memory. Of course these days I look more like Luthor, but I had hair then.

Keith West said...

That was too cool. The only thing like that that ever happened to me was a few years ago I was wearing a Perry the Platypus shirt and some kid walked by and said, "Curse you, Perry the Platypus."