Sunday, December 15, 2013

So Long Billy Jack

   When I was just a kid, starting my journey in martial arts, there weren't many martial arts films. Enter the Dragon was the big one, and Chuck Norris was just getting started. And there was Billy Jack. I don't know how many times I watched Billy Jack for the few karate scenes it contained. The one everybody remembers of course, is the fight in the park after the kids from the Freedom School are humiliated in the ice cream parlor and Billy Jack... just... goes... BERSERK! Probably seen that a million times and after I post this I'm going to go and put the DVD in and watch it again, because this week Tom Laughlin, the man who portrayed Billy Jack has died at age 82. Rest in peace, sir. I promise not to hate my neighbors or cheat my friends like the song says. So long Mr. Laughlin and Billy Jack.

No comments: