Saturday, February 08, 2014

Riddick

   My pal Ro gave me the third Riddick Film for my birthday this week. In some ways its themes were a combination of the first two films. PITCH BLACK was a horror movie with SF underpinnings while CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK  was mostly science fiction action. The third movie, simply titled RIDDICK, manages to carry over the SF elements from CHRONICLES but has its own share of creepy monsters like in PITCH BLACK. Vin Diesel still growls his way through the tough guy lines and Richard B. Riddick is just as much of a killing machine as ever. The supporting cast is good and the action never flags. They did do one thing I really didn't like, but this is a spoiler free review so I'll keep that to myself. All and all a good third entry in the series. (Fourth if you count a short animated film. It's actually pretty good.) The ending definitely left things open for yet another sequel. Time will tell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy the Riddick movies, including the latest one. I wonder what a writer-director like Twohey would do with REH's Almuric.

Charles R. Rutledge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charles R. Rutledge said...

I think the guy could do a bang-up REH film. The second Riddick film in particular is very Conan-like.