Friday, October 17, 2014

The Return of Friday Night Frights

When I was a kid we had a TV show in Atlanta called Friday Night Frights. It was, as you would expect, a program that ran horror movies in the vein of Shock Theater. It originally had its own horror host, a fellow called Dead Earnest, but I don't really remember him. Anyway, one night the program showed a double feature of THE TIME MACHINE and KING KONG, neither being films that I could readily see in those pre-VCR/DVD days. In honor of those long ago times, tonight I will watch my own double feature of these two SF/Horror classics.

2 comments:

Brett Brooks said...

I started my Halloween movie fest last night with House on Haunted Hill (the original) which is always good, and then a recent flick called Tamara which was awful. Not sure what tonight will hold yet, but it'll be another classic and recent (re: past decade or so) film I haven't seen.

:)

Charles R. Rutledge said...

I'm mixing old movies, new movies and episodes of Sleepy Hollow, Dark Shadows, and Penny Dreadful.