Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Dame To Kill For

I'll admit that after seeing Frank Miller's film version of Will Eisner's THE SPIRIT, that I was a bit worried about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR, but apparently having Robert Rodriguez as co-director keeps Frank in line. The second SIN CITY is a terrific adaptation of the comic book and is right in line with the first movie. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Miller once referred to his character Marv as 'Conan in a trench coat' and that pretty much sums it up. When Marv goes 'kill crazy' it's best to get out of the way. And oh my goodness, that Eva Green.

4 comments:

Tim Knight said...

I'd been kinda umming and ahhing about this until your positive comments, which have now seen the Blu-Ray landing on my Amazon wish list.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

I think you'll be happy with it, Tim.

Steve O. said...

I was really disappointed with this. I felt it far inferior to the first one.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Sorry to hear that, Steve. Any particular reason or just overall?