Thursday, January 15, 2015

Acquisitions

Between the mail and the comic shop, I got a lot of nifty stuff last night. My pal Cliff had recommended the collection SEARCHERS AFTER HORROR and my friend Amanda had recommended the VAMPYRES anthology. Those and DAGON arrived in the post. Dagon, a fanzine from 1989, features an interview with Karl Edward Wagner that I haven't read yet. I'd been meaning to pick up the ROOTS OF THE SWAMP THING collection. This has the first 13 issues of the original DC title, so all the work ...by the team of Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson, plus a couple of other stories. Also got the fourth volume of BPRD, which gives me all the available hardbacks so far. The RED SONJA trade features the first story arc by writer Gail Simone. Simone is also one of the writers on the CONAN/RED SONJA mini series. And of course the second issue of THANOS VS THE HULK is written and drawn in Cosmic Style by Jim Starlin.

No comments: